Hello everyone. Today I worked on the main menu. So I had to find a texture pack that was in science fiction style. When you pass the mouse over a button, the color of the button changes. Same thing when you click on it. I also include a little music that was made by a great artist: http://eliteferrex.newgrounds.com/ . I created a debug level in order to develop my functionalities without having to take care of a complete level. For the moment, I have included the player’s ship with its movements and its base shot. I also display two basic enemies but they don’t moving for the moment. Here are two small screenshots of my advances:
For tomorrow, my objectives are:
- Integrate paterns of movements for enemies.
- Start creating the first level.
This week, I’m participating in a game creation contest. This one must be done in the week of August 7, 2017. There are four themes proposed and we have to choose two and implement them in our game. On my side, I decided to choose the theme Alien Invasion and Chain Reaction. My game will be a Shoot’em up. Today I wrote the story and I chose my sprites that I will use. I buy a little pack on the internet to help me. I also created my project and I set myself the objective of displaying the ship with an animation for the exhaust. Here is a small screenshot:
My goals for tomorrow are:
- Integrating control
- Integrate shots
- Embed 1 enemy to test
That’s all for the moment. I hope to be able to tell you more tomorrow. Good night 🙂
The site will be back soon. You can read the sections of the menus without problems but the news will come back later.
That was my third Ludum Dare and it’s probably my better game I had make in this competition. To start, sorry for my English, it’s not my first language. Here is a little screenshot.
I was supposed to use C# and monogame but I decided at last minute to try GameMaker. I’m very happy with that choice because I was able to do the core gameplay mechanic very fast so I was able to made all my little sprites and a second level.
– My arts. It’s incredible how it was simple to make some pixel arts with tilestudio.
– I was able to make a second level
– Nothings wrong happen when I published my game
– I didn’t have a monster bug to fix
– My UI. I hate my UI (I will work on it later)
– It take a long time to have my idea. In fact, I found my Idea when I was taking my shower Saturday morning.
– It take some times to balance the towers vs enemies
That was my best Ludum Dare. I will continue to work on this game. The first things I will do is the re-factoring of my UI. After that, I will add some levels, new enemies, new tower,new tower upgrades and maybe a little story.
If you want to try my game, you can go here : Body Defence
Don’t hesitate to give me your comments.
At April 26-27 April 2014 weekend, I will participate in the Ludum Dare competition for the third time. The competition is about creating a video game from scratch from a set theme in 48 hours (72 hours with lighter rules). This time I’ll have much more time to do it because my weekend is quieter. For my part, I will build my game with these tools.
My goal for this weekend is of course finished the competition and not giving up. I will write here 1 or 2 times per day about the progress I will make on my project.